IMPORTANT HEALTH & SAFETY NOTICE
Effective immediately, ALL existing in-office appointments are cancelled until further notice, to help minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- No new in-office appointments will be scheduled.
- Submission of documents for tax preparation may be done via our secure client portal, SmartVault or via the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Copies of completed returns and documents provided will be made available in SmartVault portals.
- Meetings deemed necessary will occur via phone, text, email or video conference.
Additional updates will be provided as further direction is given by health and government officials.
IRS DEADLINE EXTENSION
- The due date to FILE federal income tax returns has been moved from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020.
- The due date to PAY 2019 federal income taxes has been moved from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020.
- Details of the IRS deadline extensions can be found at: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
- PLEASE DO NOT DELAY HAVING YOUR TAX RETURNS PREPARED. Refunds ARE continuing to be processed by the IRS without any delay. However, this could potentially change in the future.Also most certainly, it would be best to know as soon as possible if there is an amount due, allowing you more time to prepare for the July 15th payment deadline.
I’m sure we would all prefer to NOT still be dealing with taxes, while celebrating 4th of July!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If no office appointments are allowed, how am I to get my tax documents to you?
You may upload your documents via our secure client portal, SmartVault. If you have not already activated your account, you will receive another invitation to do so, via email. Instructions on how to use SmartVault.
U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, UPS, etc.
You may send your documents via one of these methods to our office at:
RJJ Comptech Solutions
32238 Schoolcraft Road, # 118
Livonia, MI 48150
Please utilize a service with a tracking number and provide us the number when mailing documents.
I have already provided my tax documents to you, and am waiting on the results. Once my returns are completed, how will I get my copies and my documents that were provided?
Once your tax returns have been completed, you will receive an email with the results and an electronic signature form, allowing returns to be filed electronically. Please remember, all tax prep fees must be paid in full before returns are prepared. Payment may be mailed in to our office, or more preferably, via Square, CashApp, or Venmo.
Copies of your completed tax returns and all documents provided, will be uploaded to your SmartVault, Original documents provided will be retained until such time as deemed safe for you to pick up at our office.
What is the best way to communicate with you with questions or concerns about my taxes?
Email: email@example.com Text/Phone: (313) 623-2088
Thank you, and please be safe, remembering to follow recommended precautions to remain healthy.
We ARE all in this together, and together we will get through it!
Richard A Summersett,